Potatoes can be braised, boiled, fried, baked and they bring quite a few benefits to your body. Potatoes are not only tasty, but also healthy. What is the big benefit of potatoes for a person?
If we regularly include potatoes in our menu, our body will be provided with:
- essential amino acids;
The use of potatoes for the body is obvious, although there is one thing, the potatoes are very high in calories, so if you have extra weight you shouldn’t particularly abuse this root vegetable.
What is the use of potatoes?
- vitamins B, B2, B3, B6, B9;
- vitamin C;
- vitamins K, PP, D, E;
- organic acids;
The benefits of potatoes for the body.
- Helps the stomach and intestines work.
- Removes toxins
- Strengthens blood vessels.
- Normalizes metabolic processes.
- Improves liver function.
- It has antispasmodic and diuretic action.
- Prevents rheumatism and diabetes.
- Starch when cooking potatoes turns into glucose, and this feed to our body.
- The main value of potatoes is that it contains a lot of potassium.Thanks to potassium:
- excess fluid is excreted from the body;
- regulated metabolic processes;
- healthier cardiovascular system.
Potassium in potatoes is even more than in bread, meat and fish.
The benefits of potatoes baked, raw, boiled
To make your heart healthy you need to eat baked potatoes every day. When baking, the potato retains all the beneficial properties, and when cooked, the potassium content in the potato may be reduced by half.
With hypertension, often eat baked potatoes.
To reduce the pressure you need to take a few potatoes, finely chop, add three cups of water, boil to a slurry state, strain the broth and drink half a glass in the morning and evening.
Raw potatoes treat eczema and burns, it is enough to attach the potatoes to the affected areas. Apply a thick layer of grated potatoes and cover with a napkin and gently tape. Change compresses after 4 hours.
Also such a compress will help in case of bruises, boils, edema, tumors. Two procedures are enough for half an hour.
Of course, our grandmothers always inhaled steamed boiled potatoes, facilitating coughing and thereby reducing inflammation in the nasopharynx.
The benefits of potato juice
Potato juice is very useful and treats many ailments:
- has a strong anti-inflammatory effect;
- relieves heartburn;
- increases hemoglobin;
- lowers pressure;
- relieves nervous tension;
- cleanses the body.
1) Potato juice is especially useful in gastritis and stomach ulcers. To prevent the autumn aggravation of two weeks you need to drink half a glass of potato juice, preferably before meals.
For treatment, juice of potatoes is drunk three times:
- half a cup in the morning;
- half a cup at lunch;
- half a cup at night.
Take the juice before meals.
2) For chronic headaches, nausea, heartburn, drink half a glass of juice 2-3 times a day:
- first dose – fasting
- second lunch
- third hour before bedtime.
We are treated for two weeks, then a 6-day break. And we repeat the course using a half dose of juice.
3) Potato juice perfectly helps with various skin diseases, it is enough to moisten the dressing with juice and apply it on the sore spot. Bandages need to be changed after 5 hours.
4) For pharyngitis, laryngitis, gargle with potato juice.
5) The advantage of potato juice is that it cleanses our body, if it is mixed with carrot juice and celery juice, then 3- 4 tablespoons of this juice will help with nervous disorders.
The use of potatoes and application in cosmetology
Also, potatoes are a great beautician.
1) Hydrating and softening mask of potatoes is easy to make, mix:
- mashed boiled potatoes;
- a teaspoon of honey;
- spoon of olive oil.
Apply the mask to your face, rinse and apply a nourishing cream.
2) If you like natural cosmetics, then for you the following wonderful recipe:
- boiled potato;
- tablespoon of cottage cheese;
- half a teaspoon of honey;
- half raw egg.
Apply on face and neck and close with a gauze napkin, after 20 minutes wash off with warm water. Mask do several times a week for a month
3) You can also make a nourishing hair mask out of potatoes.
- two or three potatoes, grated on a fine grater;
- 3 teaspoons of milk;
- a teaspoon of flour;
- 2-3 drops of lemon juice.
4) Boil the potatoes, do not pour the broth, put your hands in it and the skin will become soft, peeling will pass, and your nails will harden.