The walnut possesses not only original flavoring qualities, but also medicinal properties. Let’s see what are the benefits of walnuts.
It is used in folk medicine for the treatment and prevention of various disorders in the male, female and children’s body. About what the walnut is useful for men, women and children, further.
The composition and nutritional value of walnut
Walnut is useful to eat to everyone, without exception – children, the elderly, women and men as prevention and treatment of multiple diseases, as well as to give strength and energy to the body.
This product owes its healing power to a rich composition.
The main chemical composition of walnuts:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K, PP, niacin;
- macronutrients: calcium, magnesium, potassium , sodium, trace elements: iron, manganese, iodine, selenium, zinc;
- irreplaceable amino acids: arginine, leucine, valine prevails. Replaceable amino acids: prevail: glutamic, aspartic acid, glycine;
- high content of unsaturated fatty acids – Omega-3, Omega-6;
- phytosterols are found in significant quantities, most of them;
- makes beta sitosterol. This makes it possible to attribute a walnut to female products;
- essential oils, tannins.
Like all nuts, walnuts are quite nutritious. Their calorie content per 100 g is 656 kcal.
Benefits and healing properties of walnuts
The benefits of walnuts are huge for people of different ages. Their components are used not only for culinary purposes, but also in cosmetic, medical.
The main therapeutic properties:
- helps treat vitamin deficiency;
- hormonal and metabolic disorders;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels, infections, anemia ;
- helps to treat hypertension, thyroid pathology;
- the formation of atherosclerotic and cholesterol plaques;
- memory impairment, weakening of immunity;
- treatment of intestinal dysbiosis in adults , rheumatism , gout .
Their main task is also:
- ensuring good brain function;
- a decrease in blood sugar (in type 2 diabetes mellitus );
- excretion of toxins and slags from the body.
Snack them every day is very useful. It is enough to use 10 pieces for adults and 6-7 for children.
Benefits of walnuts for men?
The most useful for the prevention and treatment of prostatitis are vitamins E, C, B1, B3, B6, as well as trace elements – selenium and zinc. All this substance is contained in the right amount in walnuts.
Here is what a walnut is useful for men:
- useful for poor potency, poor sperm synthesis;
- prostate adenoma in acute and chronic stages;
- weak erection;
- poor circulation in the prostate gland;
- the absence or weakening of sexual attraction;
- premature ejaculation;
- reduced testosterone levels .
Walnut is useful for men and the fact that it opposes the development of diseases of the urogenital system, prostatitis, prostate cancer, increases physical and sexual endurance.
Walnuts are an indispensable product for improving potency. Their daily use will allow you to avoid problems with conception, to normalize the work of reproductive function, to prevent sexual dysfunction, to improve the quality of sperm.
Benefits of walnuts for women?
The benefits of walnuts for women are indispensable. If you include them daily in the menu, this will positively affect the multiple important processes occurring in the female body.
The benefits of walnuts for women, including pregnant women:
- prevention and treatment of mastopathy, mastitis, uterine fibroids , ovarian cysts , prevention of breast cancer .;
- prevention of hormonal disorders ;
- recovery of the menstrual cycle;
- saturation of the body with all necessary elements, including calcium (for proper formation of the baby’s skeleton), folic acid (to prevent malformations in the development of the child’s nervous system), iodine (prevent mental and mental abnormalities);
- compensation for iron deficiency, which is necessary for the proper formation and functioning of the placenta;
- correct formation of the circulatory system in the child;
- getting rid of constipation and other malfunctions of the digestive system.
The benefits of walnuts for pregnant women are also huge. In addition, it is recommended to use the fruit in the postpartum period, as well as during breastfeeding (with caution).
In addition, such a snack will allow a woman to quickly recover from childbirth, lose weight and improve the quality of breast milk.
As for children, walnuts must also be included in their menu, but not earlier than 3 years. The fruits will allow the child to avoid problems with excess weight, improve metabolism, strengthen the immune system, contribute to good brain function, improve memory, thinking, concentration, reduce emotional stress.
How many walnuts to eat per day?
Since nuts are considered a nutritious and allergenic product, it should be included in the menu, especially for pregnant, lactating women and children.
Rate per day for:
- expectant mothers – no more than 30 g (it is more expedient to use the product with dried fruits and greens or soak the kernels beforehand in water);
- men and women – 10 pieces per day;
- elderly people – 5-7 tricks;
- people overweight – 2-3 nucleoli;
- lactating mothers no more than 15 g.
Children are recommended to eat no more than 5-6 pieces. If the product is first introduced into the child’s menu, then the first time you need to offer half the core. If during the day no negative reactions from the body are observed, the portion can be gradually increased and brought to the recommended norm.
Use in traditional medicine
Walnuts are useful not only to be eaten, to mix them with other products, but also to make broths, tinctures, tinctures, which will help in the treatment of various diseases, on the basis of them. Therefore, no need to hurry after cleaning the nuts to throw away the shells, the partitions, because they are no less useful than the kernels themselves.
Tincture of green walnut
Unripe nuts are rich in vitamin C (8 times more than in black currants). And the more they mature, the less this element is in it.
Green fruits are also rich in vitamin PP (improves the functioning of the heart, blood vessels, metabolism), iodine (resists stress), tannins (remove toxins from the intestines).
The main therapeutic properties has on:
- wound healing, blood cessation, tissue regeneration;
- prevention of atherosclerosis, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts ;
- fight against parasites, bacteria, immunity strengthening;
- increased physical, mental and sexual stamina .;
- treatment of diarrhea and other digestive disorders;
- effect on potency;
- in combination with medications, the treatment of diseases of the kidneys, urogenital system, tuberculosis , cancer, diabetes mellitus.
Recipes based on green nuts:
- Tincture. 10-15 milk fruits are poured with vodka or medical alcohol (1 liter). The product is left in a closed glass container in a dark place for 1 month, then filtered. Norm reception – 1 tbsp. l three times a day in a monthly course. It treats colitis, gastritis, polyps in the intestines, uterine myoma, ovarian cyst, dysentery, tuberculosis, cancer, diabetes mellitus, pathologies of the kidneys, urinary system, removes invasions.
- Honey-nut mix . Honey and crushed kernels are mixed in equal quantities, the mixture is distributed among the banks. The mixture can be stored for a long time in the refrigerator. The tool is filtered, the resulting liquid is consumed three times a day for 1 tsp. The second way is to eat the mixture in its pure form in the same amount. Strained fluid is drunk to improve memory, with hypothyroidism, anemia, weakness, loss of strength. The mixture in its pure form affects the potency, helps to clean the intestines, get rid of parasites.
- Tincture of mastopathy . 20 fruits insist on 100 ml of vodka for 10 days. The intake rate is 15-20 drops 3 times a day for two months. Treats mastopathy.
- Tincture on kerosene. Kernels are poured into a 3-liter jar and poured with kerosene to the brim. The infusion is covered with a lid and infused for 3 months in a dark place. Applied to the sore spot for 4-5 hours. After you need to treat the skin with anti-burn agent. The course of treatment is 3-4 days. It is used for pain relief, treatment of skin cancer.
Contraindications to the use of products prepared on the young fruits of hazel are: aggravation of gastritis, exceeded the rate of iodine in the body, allergies, psoriasis , neurodermatitis , urticaria.
The use of walnut partitions
Most people do not know about the benefits of partitions, so throw them out. But they contain a large amount of iodine, but because they are indispensable in the fight against thyroid pathologies, mental disorders.
The main health properties of walnut partitions:
- immunity strengthening;
- lower blood sugar levels;
- restoration of pancreatic function;
- elimination of pain during menstruation;
- getting rid of conjunctivitis in combination with drugs (due to antibacterial properties), joint diseases, mastopathy, uterine fibroids, arthritis, sciatica;
- regeneration of cartilage tissue.
- Infusion. 3 tbsp. l partitions filled with half a liter of boiling water. The medicine is infused week. The rate of administration – 10 drops, divorced half in water, 4 times a day. Course – 2 months. Cures colitis and other gastrointestinal, endocrine diseases in the chronic stage, hypertension, diabetes. Improves memory, eliminates confusion.
- Decoction. Water and partitions are taken in the ratio of 1: 4. Brewed medicine for 15 minutes. It is taken by mouth before meals three times a day. Strained. Treats diseases of the thyroid gland, diarrhea – with internal use. When external – conjunctivitis.
- Tincture. 25-30 partitions are completely filled with alcohol. Infused remedy 10 days. It is taken before meals 3 times a day for 50 g for 2-2.5 months. Treats mastopathy, uterine myoma, diabetes.
You can not drink products on the basis of partitions with exacerbations of intestinal and gastric diseases, allergies, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, urticaria.
Foliage has a tonic effect, provides the body with energy and strength, strengthens the vascular, nervous and immune system.
The main healing properties of walnut leaves are:
- elimination of inflammation, skin irritation;
- wound healing;
- cough removal;
- relief of sore throat (rinsing).
Tea based on them normalizes blood sugar levels, supports immunity.
Recipes funds from the leaves of walnut:
- Tincture. 1 tsp dry or fresh leaves poured 200 ml of alcohol. The tool is infused for 1 hour and filtered. The rate of reception – 4 times a day in a tablespoon for a month. Heals infectious diseases with internal use, with external healing of wounds, relieves hemorrhoids . It is also used to rinse the throat and mouth.
- Decoction. 1 tsp dried leaves (or 1 fresh leaf) is crushed and poured 200 ml of boiling water. The product is brewed for 25 minutes on low heat under a lid, then filtered. Taken inside by 1 tbsp. l It treats diarrhea, gout, discharge from women, tuberculosis, sore throat , cancer, wasting, chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and thyroid gland, kidneys. External decoction is used to stop bleeding, tissue healing.
- The juice. 10 leaves washed, chopped. Squeezed juice. Lubricated affected skin 2 times a day (you can simply attach the washed sheet to the skin). Eliminates acne, lichen , eczema , diathesis, furunculosis , baldness, dandruff, heals old wounds.
It is contraindicated to use leaves and drugs based on them to people with thrombophlebitis and with fast blood clotting.
Walnut shells contain phenol, carboxylic acids and coumarins. Substances remove bad cholesterol from the body, counteract the formation of blood clots and promote their resorption.
The main healing properties of walnut shells help to heal:
- varicose veins, thrombosis ;
- inflammation in the female genital organs;
- sensitivity of gums and teeth, periodontitis, stomatitis ;
- mental disorders;
- scars, scars, wounds, abrasions;
- poor circulation and tissue nutrition.
In addition, products prepared on the basis of walnut shell, remove toxins and slags from the body due to the adsorbing effect on the walls of the stomach and intestines.
On the basis of the shell is prepared decoctions and tinctures:
- Decoction. 50 g. Shell is filled with 1 liter of water. Liquid languishes on low heat for 15 minutes. Before use, divorced half water. Used externally for gynecological diseases (use the sit-bath or douche).
- Tincture. 70 g. Shells poured half a liter of vodka. Infused remedy for a week. Then filtered. Drink 1 tsp. before meals (course – from 1 month). Diluted with water half. The tincture treats oncological, intestinal, cardiovascular diseases, pathologies of the respiratory system, hypertension.
From the walnut shell you can prepare a bath. It is enough to add a liter of strong broth to a bath filled with water. Due to this wounds, abrasions on the body will quickly heal, and the nervous system will calm down.
The oil lowers the acidity of gastric juice, eliminates heartburn, increases bile secretion, and promotes the renewal of liver cells.
The main medicinal properties of the oil:
- improves brain function;
- eliminates mental disorders;
- helps with urinary, endocrine, joint, skin diseases, relieves pain;
- promotes the removal of excess fluid from the body;
- treats diabetes and otitis .
If you use walnut oil systematically, it will help to avoid vision problems, increase libido in women and men, strengthen the immune system, cure hypertension.
It is applied in this way:
- Adults – 3 times a day for dessert spoon before meals. For weight loss – 1 tsp. a day in the morning on an empty stomach for a month or two.
- Children. From 3 to 6 years – 10-15 drops per day, from 6 to 10 – half a teaspoon, from 10 years – 1 tsp.
You can not drink oil for people with gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer , low acidity of gastric juice, high blood clotting.
Contraindications and harm when eating walnuts
Even the most useful foods can cause negative body reactions. Most often it is an allergy.
In rare cases, nuts can provoke the development of anemia, the deposition of kidney stones, poor iron absorption.
The main contraindications for eating walnuts include:
- allergic reactions to nuts;
- acute diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- increased blood clotting (hypercoagulability);
- when breastfeeding;
- severe forms of psoriasis, eczema, neurodermatitis.
Abuse of nuts can lead to bad consequences and affect the work of organs and systems. Doctors say that harm to the body of men and women in this case can be significant.